You can import addresses from a CSV file (or any other delimited text field). Here's how:
- Choose Addresses > Import from the menu bar.
- Choose "Delimited Text File" from the popup menu.
- Click Choose and select the CSV file.
- If the first row of your spreadsheet is not a header row, uncheck the "Source file has a header row" box.
- Choose how you want to import each column of your spreadsheet by selecting from the popup menus in the "Import As" column.
- Click Import
What to do if the imported text contains strange characters
If you find that imported addresses have incorrect characters, it is possible that Direct Mail was unable to identify the correct text encoding for the source file. Text encodings determine how special characters are saved to and read from a file. To fix the problem, try importing again, but this time when you click "Choose" to select the source file, pay attention to the "File Encoding" popup menu. Change it from "Automatic" to the text encoding that matches your source file (e.g. Western or Japanese).