The SMTP plan unlocks the SMTP Access feature of Direct Mail for a one-time fee. Using this feature, you can send an unlimited volume email from Direct Mail via your own SMTP server instead of using our e3 Delivery Service. Before purchasing this plan, though, please check with your email server provider to find out what limits they may have placed on outgoing email volume.
The SMTP Access feature of your account can be used in place of, or alongside any of the other plans (Pay Per Email or Unlimited plans). If you want open and click tracking for your campaigns, you can purchase that feature as an extra.
There are some limitations when using the SMTP plan:
- Projects saved in the cloud must send email campaigns via e3 Delivery Service (i.e. the Pay Per Email or Unlimited plans)
- Autoresponders must be sent via e3 Delivery Service (i.e. the Pay Per Email or Unlimited plans)
- No automatic handling of bounces, spam complaints, and deliverability issues
- Reports for campaigns sent with your own mail server do not appear in Stamps for iOS
- Reports for campaigns sent with your own mail server cannot be shared on the web
Other than that, however, the rest of Direct Mail's features work the same as on other plans, including:
- Unsubscribe, update email, web version, and forward to a friend links
- Subscribe forms
- Spam tests
- Design tests
Try our Pay Per Email or Unlimited plans instead for uncapped, fast, and worry-free delivery of your email using e3 Delivery Service. You can try them risk-free, and won't lose access to your SMTP server.