The following instructions are for Daylite 3. If you are using a modern version of Daylite (i.e. version 4, 5, 6, or newer), please see these instructions instead.
If you are using Daylite 3, you will need to install a plug-in for Daylite that allows it to talk to Direct Mail. If you have already installed this plug-in, please skip to the Importing section below.
Installing the Plug-in
If you downloaded Direct Mail from our website, then Direct Mail will install the plug-in for you automatically. If you downloaded Direct Mail from the Mac App Store, you will need to install the plug-in manually, as Apple's policies forbid Direct Mail from performing the installation for you. Here's how to install it manually:
- Download the plug-in. A file called "DayliteToDirectMail.bundle.zip" will appear in your Downloads folder.
- Open "DayliteToDirectMail.bundle.zip" to unzip the file. A file called "DayliteToDirectMail.bundle" will appear in your Downloads folder.
- Switch to the Finder and hold down the Option/Alt key on your keyboard while choosing Go > Library from the menu bar
- Open the Application Support folder
- Open the Daylite folder (inside the Application Support folder)
- If you do not see a folder named "PlugIns" inside the Daylite folder, create a new folder named "PlugIns"
- Move the "DayliteToDirectMail.bundle" file from step 2 into the PlugIns folder. If a DayliteToDirectMail.bundle file already exists, replace it with the one you just downloaded.
- Quit and re-open Daylite
Here's how to import contacts and organizations from Daylite:
- Choose Addresses > Import from the menu bar.
- Choose "Daylite" from the popup menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions