By default, new Direct Mail projects that you create are saved on your Mac. If you have a paid Direct Mail account, however, you can move your projects into the cloud. Some of the benefits of moving your project into the cloud include:
- Worry-free backups. We take care of making sure your data is safe and sound.
- Easy access to your data from all your devices. Projects in the cloud can be opened and edited from any Mac that you sign in to. Changes are automatically synced to all your devices (including Stamps on iOS).
- Easy collaboration with colleagues. Direct Mail projects can be shared with anyone that has a Direct Mail account. Limit colleagues to viewing-only, or allow them full access to edit and send.
- Access to powerful autoresponder features.
- API access to your projects.
Of course, there is no requirement to save your project in the cloud, and nearly all Direct Mail features work regardless of where your project is stored.
How do I move my project into the cloud?
You can move your Direct Mail project into the cloud by choosing File > Move To from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Large projects may take a long time to sync up to the cloud. Direct Mail syncs in the background, even if you close the project window. If you quit Direct Mail, the syncing process will begin again the next time you open Direct Mail.
Can I move my project out of the cloud?
Yes, you can move it out of the cloud at any time. Just choose File > Move from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Is this iCloud?
No. Direct Mail does not use iCloud, and projects sorted in the cloud do not count towards your iCloud storage quota.
Is it free?
Any Direct Mail user with a paid account can move their projects into the cloud.
Is it safe?
We take the security of our user's data very seriously. Please see our dedicated security page for more information on the measure we take to protect your data.
Are there limitations?
Only if you are sending via your own SMTP server. Projects that are stored in the cloud cannot send via your own SMTP server. Campaigns must be sent via e3 Delivery Service.