You can send email from Direct Mail through your Gmail account. Please be aware that Google imposes limits on the amount of email you can send through your Gmail account. Instead of using Gmail to send your email, we recommend using our e3 Delivery Service for a faster, more seamless experience.
Customers who wish to send email using a G Suite or Gmail for Business account, please see the instructions at the bottom of this article.
Here's how to send email through your Gmail account:
- Choose Direct Mail > Preferences from the menu bar.
- Click Accounts
- Click the "+" sign at the bottom of the window to create a new account.
- Enter "smtp.gmail.com" as the SMTP Server
- Enter "587" as the Port
- Check the "Use SSL" and "Server requires authentication" checkboxes.
- Enter your full Gmail email address in the User field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Close the window.
Now, when you send a message, select your Gmail account from the "Send Using" popup menu.
Google places limits on the amount of email you can send via your Gmail account. Please see this page for more information. If you need to send more email than Google allows, please try our e3 Delivery Service for a faster, easier way to deliver your email.
If you have two-step authentication enabled for your Google account, you will need to generate an app-specific password for use with Direct Mail. You can generate an app-specific password by signing in to your Google and following their instructions. Once you have the app-specific password, enter it into Direct Mail's SMTP settings.
Sending email using your G Suite or Gmail for Business account
Direct Mail can send email via your G Suite account. This feature requires an enterprising pricing plan. Please contact our support team for more information.
If you are on an enterprise pricing plan, you can configure Direct Mail to send via your G Suite account as follows:
- Choose “Direct Mail > Preferences…” from the menu bar at the top of your screen
- Click on the Accounts tab
- Click the “+” button at the bottom of the window and select “Google Account”
- Complete the authorization process in your browser
After you have granted Direct Mail access to your Google account, it will be available as an option in the “Send” window (look for the “Send Using” popup menu). Please see this page for more information from Google on G Suite email sending limits.