New Direct Mail projects that you create are saved on your Mac by default. However, if you have a paid Direct Mail account, you can move your projects into the cloud. Some of the benefits of moving your project into the cloud include:
- Worry-free backups. We take care of making sure your data is safe and sound.
- Easy access to your data from all your devices. Projects in the cloud can be opened and edited from any Mac that you sign in to. Changes are automatically synced to all your devices (including Stamps on iOS).
- Easy collaboration with colleagues. Direct Mail projects can be shared with anyone that has a Direct Mail account. You can adjust permissions to allow viewing-only or full access to edit and send.
- Access to powerful autoresponder features.
- API access to your projects.
You are not required to save your project in the cloud, and nearly all Direct Mail features work regardless of whether your project is in the cloud or on your Mac.
How do I move my project into the cloud?
You can move your Direct Mail project into the cloud by choosing "File > Move" To from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Large projects may take a long time to sync up to the cloud, but you can continue to use Direct Mail while the sync is in progress. Direct Mail syncs in the background, even if you close the project. If you quit the Direct Mail app, the syncing process will begin again the next time you open Direct Mail.
Can I move my project out of the cloud?
Yes, you can move it out of the cloud at any time. Just choose "File > Move" from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Does it use iCloud?
No, Direct Mail does not use iCloud.
Is it free?
Yes. Any Direct Mail user with a paid account can move their projects into the cloud for no extra charge.
Is it safe?
We take the security of our user's data very seriously. Please see our dedicated security page for more information on the measures we take to protect your data.
Does it work offline?
Yes. You can still access and edit your project even if you lose your connection to the internet. Direct Mail will automatically sync your project as soon as your Mac comes back online.
Are there limitations?
Only if you are sending via your own SMTP server. Projects that are stored in the cloud cannot send via your own SMTP server. Campaigns must be sent via e3 Delivery Service.