Direct Mail stores all of your data (e.g. messages, addresses, reports) in a file called a Project. The first time you open Direct Mail, you will be prompted to create a new, empty project.
For most users of Direct Mail, one project is all you need. If you decide later that you want to create another project (for example, if you have started working with a new client whose data should be kept separate), you can do that, too:
- Choose File > New Project from the menu bar.
- Name the Project
- Click Save.
Should I move my project to the cloud?
When you create a new project, you are given the option to move it to the cloud right away. If you decline, you can move it to the cloud later by choosing "File > Move To" from the menu bar at the top of your screen.
Keeping your project saved in the cloud is a great idea if any of the following is true:
- You plan to open it on more than one computer
- You want to share it with other collaborators
- You want to have it backed up automatically
- You want to use any of our automation or integration features
More information about the cloud is available here.