There are two ways to import your designs from Mail Designer into Direct Mail: manually and via the plugin:
The following method works with Mail Designer 365, Mail Designer Pro, and Mail Designer:
- In Mail Designer, choose Share > Website / HTML… from the menu bar at the top of your screen
- Give your design a name and click the Export button
- Switch to Direct Mail
- Choose Message > Import File… from the menu bar at the top of your screen
- Locate the folder you just exported from Mail Designer, then choose the "
content.html" file inside that folder
- Click Open
Your design will be instantly imported into Direct Mail.
Importing via Plugin
The following plugin method works with Mail Designer and Mail Designer Pro. It is not yet available for Mail Designer 365 (plugins now require approval by Equinux/TOWER ONE). If you would like to be notified when the plugin is available, please sign up here.
Installing the Plugin
- Open Direct Mail
- Choose Window > Integrations
- Select Mail Designer
- Click Install Plug-In
Using the Plugin
Once the plugin is installed, you can export your template from Mail Designer to Direct Mail by choosing Share > Direct Mail Template from the menu bar in Mail Designer.
If exporting does not seem to work
In some cases, you may find that choosing Share > Direct Mail from the menu bar in Mail Designer doesn't seem to do anything. Or you may see an error message. In those cases, please make sure that Direct Mail is located in your Applications folder. You may need to restart your Mac after making those changes.