You can send email from Direct Mail through your Yahoo! Mail account. Please be aware that Yahoo imposes strict limits on the amount of email you can send through your Yahoo! Mail account.
Here's how to send email through your Yahoo! Mail account:
- Choose Direct Mail > Preferences from the menu bar.
- Click Accounts
- Click the "+" sign at the bottom of the window to create a new account.
- Enter "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" as the SMTP Server
- Enter "465" as the Port
- Check the "Use SSL" and "Server requires authentication" checkboxes.
- Enter your full Yahoo! Mail email address in the User field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Close the window.
Now, when you send a message, select your Yahoo! Mail account from the "Send Using" popup menu.
Yahoo currently caps the amount of email that you are allowed to send on an hourly and daily basis. If you need to send more than they allow, please try our e3 Delivery Service for a faster, easier way to deliver your email. Per Yahoo policy, if you send with e3 Delivery Service, you'll need to use a "From" address that does not end in "@yahoo.com".
If you have two-step authentication enabled for your Yahoo account, you will need to generate an app-specific password for use with Direct Mail. You can generate an app-specific password by signing in to your Yahoo and following their instructions. Once you have the app-specific password, enter it into Direct Mail's SMTP settings.