Direct Mail allows you to save your project data either locally on your Mac, or in our secure cloud. Some of the benefits of moving your project into the cloud include:
- Worry-free backups. We take care of making sure your data is safe and sound.
- Easy access to your data from all your devices. Projects in the cloud can be opened and edited from any Mac that you sign in to. Changes are automatically synced to all your devices (including Stamps on iOS).
- Easy collaboration with colleagues. Direct Mail projects can be shared with anyone that has a Direct Mail account. You can adjust permissions to allow viewing-only or full access to edit and send.
- Access to powerful autoresponder features.
- API access to your projects.
You are not required to save your project in the cloud, and nearly all Direct Mail features work regardless of whether your project is in the cloud or on your Mac.
How do I move my project into the cloud?
You can move your Direct Mail project into the cloud by choosing "File > Move To" from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Large projects may take a long time to sync up to the cloud, but you can continue to use Direct Mail while the sync is in progress. Direct Mail syncs in the background, even if you close the project. If you quit the Direct Mail app, the syncing process will begin again the next time you open Direct Mail.
Can I move my project out of the cloud?
Yes, you can move it out of the cloud at any time. Just choose "File > Move" from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Does it use iCloud?
No, Direct Mail does not use iCloud.
Is it free?
Is it safe?
We take the security of our user's data very seriously. Please see our dedicated security page for more information on the measures we take to protect your data.
Does it work offline?
Yes. You can still access and edit your project even if you lose your connection to the internet. Direct Mail will automatically sync your project as soon as your Mac comes back online.