You can preview how your email will look when it is sent to each one of your recipients. Here's how:
- Go to the Messages tab.
- Select the message you want to preview.
- Choose Message > Preview Message from the menu bar.
After the Preview window opens, you can use the Previous/Next buttons in the toolbar to step through each recipient, or you can switch to the Addresses tab and directly select the recipient you want to preview. The Preview window will update each time you change the selected recipient, or when you edit the your message.
When you preview a message, Direct Mail will merge any mail-merge tags in your message with the appropriate values from the selected recipient. "Placeholder" unsubscribe, update email address, and sharing links are used (instead of live, working ones) in the Preview window so you can verify that the link is set up correctly. If you click on a placeholder link, a web page will appear confirming that the link is set correctly.
Previewing your email on a mobile device
There are a few ways you can preview what your email will look like when it is viewed on a mobile device (like an iPhone, iPad, or Android device):
- Use the Simulate Screen Size button in the Preview window toolbar to approximate what your email will look like on a mobile-sized screen.
- If you have an iPhone or iPad, install our free app Stamps and push live previews from Direct Mail to your device (see below for more information).
- Run a design test to see pixel-accurate screenshots of what your email looks like when it is opened in over 50 different email clients.
Previewing your email on an iPhone or iPad using the Stamps app
You'll need to have Stamps installed on your iPhone or iPad. Once you've installed Stamps:
- Open Direct Mail on your Mac.
- Switch to the Messages tab and click Preview in the toolbar.
- Click View on iPhone/iPad in the toolbar.
If your preview does not appear on your iPhone or iPad within a few seconds, check to make sure that you've signed in to your Direct Mail Account in Stamps and that you've enabled Push Notifications for Stamps.