Our latest update to Direct Mail addresses some issues that have been “bugging” some of our users. The update is free and can be downloaded from inside the Direct Mail app by choosing Direct Mail > Check for Software Update from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Here’s a quick look at some of what’s changed:
- Germans users who sync Direct Mail with Daylite will be happy to learn that the “Individuelle Anrede” (Individual Salutation) field can now be synced to Direct Mail and included in mail-merge tags.
- Several bugs causing crashes, hangs, and high CPU usage (especially when under memory pressure) have been crushed.
- If you’re so inclined, you can now hand-pick the image that will appear when sharing your campaign via Facebook or Twitter.
- Direct Mail now warns you if your choice of From address will run afoul of any DMARC policies (see the recent AOL and Yahoo changes).
- Support for the new gTLDs announced by ICANN.
- …and many other improvements here and there.
More complete details are available in the release notes. Now, on to Direct Mail 4.0!